On average, we spend one-third of our life sleeping. Let’s say we live for 75 years, that means 25 years of sleeping in our lifetime. Therefore, it is important that we keep our bedroom a comfortable and inviting space for us to recharge and rejuvenate. Here are some remodel ideas for your simple bedroom to help achieve this.
- Identify What You Want: Make a list of what in your bedroom you would like to change. Anything that you do not like, consider changing it. Once you know what you want to be removed, identify what you would like to bring in. While doing this consider your style and try to add a personalized touch to the bedroom.
- Aim for Cozy: While planning bedroom decor, aim for cozy more than anything else. It should be a space that helps you feel comfortable. This can be done by investing in good high-quality bed linens, pillows, rugs, and comforters. Another thing that you can do is create cozy corners in your bedrooms such as reading corners or a corner to sit and play board games.
- Decorate The Walls: Decorate the walls in the style that you love. These can be done in many creative ways. Add interesting wallpaper to one side of the wall, add artwork that makes you happy, add photo walls to create a wall of memories or hang up your guitar. Don’t forget to choose a paint color that is soothing. White walls with splashes of color is a good start.
- Organize Everything: It may come as a surprise, but maybe the only thing that your bedroom needs is de-cluttering. Take out everything you have and re-organize everything. Get rid of that mess, your room will immediately feel refreshed. Add fresh flowers or a plant for a perfect finished look.
- Bring in New Additions: And finally, after working with what you have, you can now bring in the new additions. These don’t have to be completely new furniture. Bring in additions that will complement what you already have. For example, adding a beautiful headboard to your bed, adding a single-seater sofa in a corner, new bed-side lighting to aid reading, adding a rug/carpet that brings the room together or adding a bench or trunk to the side of the bed.